CPS is hiring for a Director of Pharmacy for North Country Hospital in Newport, VT
About CPS®: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, CPS Solutions, LLC, is one of the nation’s largest providers of pharmacy services to more than 800 hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. CPS® helps clients tackle a variety of complex issues, such as operational efficiency, rising drug costs, regulatory & compliance, 340B, and specialty pharmacy strategy. CPS® helps healthcare leaders drive best in class pharmacy operations through skill, expertise and proprietary technologies. For more information, visit https://www.CPSpharm.com.
About the Position: As a CPS® Director of Pharmacy, you will oversee all pharmacy operations including planning, organizing, controlling, and supervising activities, according to hospital policies, standards of practice of the profession, and state and federal laws. You will recommend innovations in the practice and function of the pharmacy to hospital administration and carry out mutually agreed upon programs with assistance from a full support CPS team. This role includes oversight and management of 3 FTE Pharmacists and 3.5 FTE Pharmacy Technicians.
About the Facility: North Country Hospital is a 25-bed DNV accredited, acute care facility that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services including 340B services. In its 100 years, the medical campus has grown to include a surgical suite, obstetrics and gynecology division, 24-hour emergency department, pediatrics ward, an intensive care unit, Medical/Surgical floor and branches for dialysis, orthopedics and sleep disorders, as well as areas for radiology, laboratory and physical therapy. In addition, services are provided at four rural health clinics as well as a full service outpatient infusion center. North Country Hospital is where compassionate professionals, sophisticated technology and quality care come together for your well-being, in all stages of life. It is located on 30 acres near an international lake and some of Vermont’s green mountains. It offers convenient care to the 27,000 residents in Orleans and North Essex County, as well as visitors who travel to enjoy the area’s recreational resources. CPS® has partnered with the hospital to manage the day to day operations of this pharmacy. This position is an employee of CPS®.
About the Pharmacy: The Pharmacy is open Monday through Friday from 7:00am – 4:30pm with remote order entry services when closed. Pyxis, Omnicell and Athena EMR are utilized in the pharmacy. Employee prescription program is serviced by the central pharmacy. In the spring of 2022, there will be a conversion from Athena EMR to Cerner.
- BS or PharmD from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Vermont Pharmacist licensure in good standing
- 3 to 5 years management experience in a healthcare/hospital environment.
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency program strongly preferred
- Ability to solve problems, establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrated teaching, relevant professional publications and involvement with Professional organizations.
- ·Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, make critical decisions, respond to client concerns and work cooperatively with other staff
- (PPD) TB Skin Test - Proof of negative TB skin test within the last 12 months
- (MMR) Measles, Mumps and Rubella or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- Varicella - (2) documented doses or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- Hepatitis B3 Series or declination
- (Flu) Influenza-required for hire between Oct 1st-April 30th
If you are interested in this position, or if you know anyone who would be a good fit for this opportunity, please use the following link below. This link will take you directly to the job posting.
If you cannot click on the link, please copy and paste it into your URL.
If you have any questions in regard to this position, please feel free to contact Chris Teal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, mental or physical disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.